Spinning Your Gold: Words that Open Hearts and Inspire Action
To be GRATEFUL because life is an invaluable gift. I am grateful for:
· Divine protection from the Non-Physical Protection Team of Ascended ones, angels, saints, and ancestors; Mom and I waking up COVID-19-free for 269 consecutive days!
· The privilege of writing this blog to celebrate Thanksgiving Day since 260,000 Americans will never again sit around a Thanksgiving table with loved ones.
· Men and women whose deaths remind me of life’s preciousness: John Lewis, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Rayshard Brooks, and Daniel Prude. May you rest in peace and power. (There are more.)
· 67 successful turns-around-the-sun benchmarked in October as an American woman who didn’t always appreciate my white privilege with free will and freedoms until now.
To be GRATEFUL because I am a living instrument of the divine. I am grateful for:
· Being our home’s coronavirus safety and news director as the vigilant protector of a most precious one, my mom.
· Leading the celebration for her 88th turn-around-the-sun with "Clare Fest", a 13-day socially distanced party in May.
· Being a messenger of what I felt was the truth about the attack on our nation’s democracy by writing blogs and inspiring posts (most of the time).
· Becoming the project manager to restore our home to Divine Order after the flooding from tropical storm Eta on 11-11-20.
· Reaching out to friends with a “Praying Together Matters” Facebook challenge along with letters for “Merry Christmas in July” and “Happy Full Moon & Halloween.”
To be GRATEFUL for every experience that has brought me to this day. I am grateful for:
· A global pandemic that taught me to love the unloveable and to thank the unthankable. (Still a work in progress.)
· The contrast of extreme dark and light behaviors in national and local communities that mirrored my shadows revealing the changes I needed to make.
· The “Friends” who unfriended, blocked, or snoozed me on social media for my political views (or whatever reasons) and the courage to unfriend people whose values no longer align with mine.
To be GRATEFUL for everything I have ever received. I am grateful for:
· Being inspired and comforted by information through 100 of 111 daily briefings with my adopted governor, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo (D-New York), Professor Heather Cox Richardson’s “Daily Letters to America”, Dan Rather’s reflections, and Laura Lentz’s heart-tugging stories.
· Relearning American geography and the names of governors and other legislators.
· H.U.G.S. - Happy Unexpected God Surprises: Blue Sisters & Brothers who are new friends and my “family by choice” as we worked to elect Biden-Harris, and hopefully two new, Democratic Senators in Georgia.
· The joyful news on November 7, 2020, that Joseph R. Biden would be our 46th POTUS joined by Senator Kamala Devi Harris (D-CA) as the first female vice president! The world celebrating as if it were the end of WWII or the fall of the Berlin Wall that the past four years were over.
· Daily Divine Downloads of ideas to share in my first solo book, The Divine Dialogue Writing System: How to Exercise Intuition Using Ancient Rituals for Your Greater Confidence, Clarity, and Connection.
I am GRATEFUL to Iyanla Vanzant for this template (see italics) from her One Day My Soul Just Opened Up, I am.