These people are indeed giants of generosity.
The purpose of this Resource List is to say thanks and to share what you and I know with others. Together, we might all “see a little further.” No one pays to be listed here.
Thanks y’all—you know who you are.
HERE ARE A FEW OF MY GO-TO WRITING RESOURCES
(New ones will be added so check back often!)
I have personal knowledge of these items, people, and groups. While small now, this will be a swarming resource list-- kinda like the mosquitoes here in Florida during the rainy season which is almost always.
And no, the list is not in alphabetical order. I’m trying to finish a manuscript.
If you have recommendations for any categories, please email me at LoreRaymond1313@gmail.com so that I can check them out. Give me the name, link, and describe your experience. Include yourself!
March 30, 2019,>>The Resource Materials from the panel presentation, "Writing Medicine: Fusing Practices to Exercise Intuition for Inner Healing" at the AWP19 Conference in Portland, OR with love!
- Journals with magnetic flaps and lined paper, Dollar Store, $1.99 (I use one a month.)
- Pen, Pilot G-2, Bold #10; made in Jacksonville, FL, my home state
- Anything by musician Steven Halpern with Theta Wave music; connects left and right brain to open channels for creative flow
- CD, I AM Wishes Fulfilled, called the “world’s best meditation CD” by the prolific writer, Dr. Wayne Dyer
- Writer’s VisionQuest, my free, private group for women only; the focus is giving and receiving resources to “Transform Your Words into Somewhere Brilliant.”
- Binders; discovered these groups at the 2018 spring conference of the Association of Writers and Writing Programs; check out some of the many subgroups i.e. Binders full of entry-level content writers and jobs; creative non-fiction; writing teachers and; women and binary poets.
- Lore Raymond Author I Thought Leader I Speaker I Book Coach
- Women as Visionaries with Lore Raymond, Daily inspiration about global sHeros
Books about writing/creativity
- The Art of Inspiration: An Editor's Guide to Writing Powerful, Effective Inspirational and Personal Development Books by Bryna Rene Haynes
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert; used the book as our curriculum for last year’s Divine Dialogue Writing Circle
- Sacred Contracts by Caroline Myss: our text for DDWC Season 13 in Tampa Bay
- On Writing: an indispensable how-to tool for fiction authors by Stephen King
- Save the Cat by Blake Snyder: the definitive film writer's guidebook
Author/Writing/Creativity Blogs with Resource Pages
- Chuck Wendig: Terrible Minds Blog; his conversational, irreverent prose inspired me to be more like him as I created this author’s blog
- Anne R. Allen’s Blog; she reminded me of something I used to do on my FB page Women as Visionaries with Lore Raymond: My contributors and I each wrote a post which promoted other visionary women every week in a program called Soul Share Saturday. Highlighting other people is good business and just plain kind. Anne also hosts a Congressional Library of Writing Resources that I aspire to read!
- Association of Writers and Writing Programs; as a member grateful that they provide community, opportunities, ideas, news, and advocacy for writers and teachers of writing.
- National Novel Writing Month: the annual kickstart activity that cheers writers on as they produce 50,000 words in a month.