These people are indeed giants of generosity.
The purpose of this Resource List is to say thanks and to share what you and I know with others. Together, we might all “see a little further.” No one pays to be listed here.
Thanks y’all—you know who you are.
HERE ARE A FEW OF MY GO-TO WRITING RESOURCES
(New ones will be added so check back often!)
I have personal knowledge of these items, people, and groups. While small now, this will be a swarming resource list-- kinda like the mosquitoes here in Florida during the rainy season which is almost always.
My publisher J.S. Devivre, of E. Gads Hill Press, is far more savvy about these things. A choice few of her recommendations are included from over 30 years of writing for film and theater, authoring 10 novels, penning guidebooks and mystery games, plus helping authors get published.
And no, the list is not in alphabetical order. I’m trying to finish a manuscript.
If you have recommendations for any categories, please email me at LoreRaymond1313@gmail.com so that I can check them out. Give me the name, link, and describe your experience. Include yourself!
March 30, 2019 >>The Resource Materials from the panel presentation, "Writing Medicine: Fusing Practices to Exercise Intuition for Inner Healing" at the AWP19 Conference in Portland, OR with love!
- Journals with magnetic flaps and lined paper, Dollar Store, $1.99 (I use one a month.)
- Pen, Pilot G-2, Bold #10; made in Jacksonville, FL, my home state
- Anything by musician Steven Halpern with Theta Wave music; connects left and right brain to open channels for creative flow
- CD, I AM Wishes Fulfilled, called the “world’s best meditation CD” by the prolific writer, Dr. Wayne Dyer
- Writer’s VisionQuest, my free, private group for women only; focus is giving and receiving resources to “Transform Your Words into Somewhere Brilliant.”
- Binders; discovered these groups at the 2018 spring conference of the Association of Writers and Writing Programs; check out some of the many subgroups i.e. Binders full of entry level content writers and jobs; creative non-fiction; writing teachers and; women and binary poets.
Books about writing/creativity
- The Art of Inspiration: An Editor's Guide to Writing Powerful, Effective Inspirational and Personal Development Books by Bryna Rene Haynes
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert; used the book as our curriculum for last year’s Divine Dialogue Writing Circle
- Sacred Contracts by Caroline Myss: our text for DDWC Season 13 in Tampa Bay
- On Writing: an indispensable how-to tool for fiction authors by Stephen King
- Save the Cat by Blake Snyder: the definitive film writer's guidebook
Author/Writing/Creativity Blogs with Resource Pages
- Chuck Wendig: Terrible Minds Blog; his conversational, irreverent prose inspired me to be more like him as I created this author’s blog
- Anne R. Allen’s Blog; she reminded me of something I used to do on my FB page Women as Visionaries with Lore Raymond: My contributors and I each wrote a post which promoted other visionary women every week in a program called Soul Share Saturday. Highlighting other people is good business and just plain kind. Anne also hosts a Congressional Library of Writing Resources that I aspire to read!
- Association of Writers and Writing Programs; as a member grateful that they provide community, opportunities, ideas, news, and advocacy for writers and teachers of writing.
- National Novel Writing Month: the annual kickstart activity that cheers writers on as they produce 50,000 words in a month
- Whimsicalitea's Writing on a Whim: a club for wordsmiths that takes their words from first thoughts to final drafts